Since he was six years old, on a summer night in 1969, Dario Cavalieri has seen live images of the first landing of the man on the moon, he has never stopped wanting to go there. Luna Storta', as he is called in the village, dedicated his whole life to that impossible dream, because dreams, as his father told him that night before disappearing without giving any more news about himself, are the difference between human beings and animals. Mario Cavalieri and his mother run a sleepy hardware store in Rome, until the day when his listless existence is upset by the ringing of the phone. His brother Dario caused a fire and ended up in prison. Dario's mother has been dead for years, his father said he could not come, so Mario finds himself to be the only relative who can take care of that brother he saw only once in his life. Mario hesitates, reflects, doubts, then decides to leave for the north. The two brothers, both physically similar and different in character, will find themselves alone in the face of an impossible task.
"Do you know the difference between men and animals? It's dreams. We men know how to look ahead because we have dreams to realize... we go in search of something great."
- Type Feature Film
- Production Ipotesi Cinema, Stemal Entertainment, Rai Cinema - il film è REALIZZATO con il CONTRIBUTO DG CINEMA MIBAC - REGIONE VENETO POR FESR Veneto 2014-2020
- Directed by Antonio Padovan
- Interpreters Giuseppe Battiston, Stefano Fresi, Roberto Citran, Camilla Filippi
- Subject Antonio Padovan, Marco Pettenello
- Screenplay Antonio Padovan, Marco Pettenello
- Soundtracks Pino Donaggio
- Costumes Andrea Cavalletto
- Scenography Gaspare De Pascali
- Editing Paolo Cottignola
- Photography Duccio Cimatti
- Sound Francesco Liotard