Giovanni and Anna are two sixty-year-old spouses who for a lifetime have lived together peacefully and with dignity, managing their trattoria in the provincial town where they live. For some years now, however, their business has also been affected by the serious economic crisis that plagues the whole country. They accumulate debts with the State because of a tax file that they don't know how to pay. They go on until the tax collection agency decides for them by ordering the forced seizure of their house and the subsequent auction.
From this moment on, Giovanni and Anna begin an inexorable ordeal that will lead them to the loss of their business, their home, their serene everyday life and intimacy. Moved to a family home by the social services will be forced to live separately and in degraded conditions. Abandoned to their fate and ignored by society despite being part of it, the two spouses, although having death in their hearts, will do anything to start living again.
When the stakes are dignity, they will choose an extreme solution.
"I'd like... a life. All I wish I could do is go back to doing the simple things I used to do.
- Type Feature Film
- Production Ipotesi Cinema - The Coproducers
- Directed by Fabrizio Cattani
- Interpreters Vittorio Viviani, Valeria Ciangottini, Bruno Zanin, Franca Abate Giovanni, Pierluigi Corallo, Chiara Martegiani, Marina Pennafina, Camillo Grassi, Alessandra Schiavoni, Cristina Arnone, Massimo Tarducci
- Subject Fabrizio Cattani
- Screenplay Fabrizio Cattani, Alessia Lepore
- Soundtracks Pasquale Catalano
- Costumes Teresa Acone, Mara Bordigoni
- Scenography Alessandra Panconi, Leonardo Conte
- Editing Paola Freddi
- Photography Leonardo Mirabilia
- Sound Andrea Guzzo, Matteo Botticelli